Ready To Go Deeper For Longer, Tec Rec Is What You Need
Discover Tec Rec
Are you curious about Tec diving? Never dived in a twinset before? Then our Discover Tec diving experince is for you,allowing you to give Technical diving a try. Under the supervision of our Padi Technical instructor you will dive in full Tec equipment and learn some of the basic skills involved, such as primary to secondary regulator switch and gas shutdown drills. Tec diving isn’t for everyone, but for those who hear its challenge call, the Padi Tec Rec courses are the answer.
What is technical diving?
Technical scuba diving is defined as diving other than conventional commercial or research diving that takes divers beyond recreational scuba diving limits. It is further defined as and includes one or more of the following:
- diving beyond 40 metres/130 feet deep
- required stage decompression
- diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear metres/130 linear feet of the surface
- accelerated decompression and or the use of variable gas mixtures during the dive
Because in technical diving the surface is effectively inaccessible in an emergency, tec divers use extensive methodologies and technologies and training to manage the added risks. Even with these, however, tec diving admittedly has more risk, potential hazard and shorter critical error chains than does recreational scuba diving.
TecRec prerequisites vary see individual course descriptions, but the following applies to anyone interested in technical diving: You must be
• 18 years or older
• A mature, responsible person who will follow the required procedures and requirements strictly and faithfully
• Medically fit for tec diving physician’s signature required
• Willing to accept the added risks that tec diving presents
• An experienced diver with at least 100 logged dives
• Certified as a Padi Enriched Air Diver and Padi Deep Diver or equivalent for this program
equivalency is proof of training in recreational deep diving 18 meters/60 feet to 40 meters/130 feet consisting of at least four dives and training in nitrogen narcosis considerations, contingency emergency decompression, making safety stops and air supply management OR, have a minimum of 20 logged dives deeper than 30 meters/100 feet.
The PADI TecRec ®
The TecRec program debuted in 2000. Although TecRec is not the first tec diving program cave diver training has been around for decades, it repeatedly receives accolades for its merits.
- TecRec courses are integrated into an instructionally valid, seamless course flow that takes you from beginning tec diver to one qualified to the outer reaches of sport diving using different gas mixes.
- Each level introduces you to new gear, planning and procedures appropriate to extend your diving limits.
- The Tec Diver course is an integrated sequence of three subcourses Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50. You can complete them continuously, or you can complete each level separately with a time span between them. This gives you learning efficiency, instructional integrity and schedule flexibility.
This short course is designed to let divers experience technical diving in confined water. Get introduced a few basic skills and procedures. Discover Tec may credit towards the Tec 40 course.
Consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. Designed for the diver transitioning from recreational diving to technical diving.
Part 2 of the PADI Tec Deep Diver program. Extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 ft. Learn to plan & execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder.
Part 3 of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program. Develop competency & have the skills to dive to a max of 50 metres/165 ft. Learn how to extend & accelerate decompression stops using up to 2 gases.